787 Tuning Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

787 is a cutting edge tuning garage within the Forza Motorsports series

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raven paradox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kosovohp

Raven paradox Empty
PostSubject: Raven paradox   Raven paradox EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Hempel describes the paradox in terms of the hypothesis[1][2]:
(1) All ravens are black.
In strict logical terms, via the Law of Implication, this statement is equivalent to:
(2) Everything that is not black is not a raven.
It should be clear that in all circumstances where (2) is true, (1) is also true; and likewise, in all circumstances where (2) is false (i.e. if we imagine a world in which something that was not black, yet was a raven, existed), (1) is also false. This establishes logical equivalence.
Given a general statement such as all ravens are black, we would generally consider a form of the same statement that refers to a specific observable instance of the general class to constitute evidence for that general statement. For example,

seo link building
hoteles en buenos aires
Back to top Go down
patuan89

Raven paradox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven paradox   Raven paradox EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Omega 3 Fish Oil health benefits for me AND my family?

Yes! This is because fish oil is widely believed to be the best source of omega 3 fatty acids like DHA and EPA which are essential for more than just basic health and wellness...they also play a vital role in several areas of health, including improved brain function, reduced symptoms of ADHD, reduced inflammation, better joint health, improved cardiovascular health and so much more.
Omega 3 benefits
CBT
Back to top Go down

Raven paradox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
787 Tuning Garage :: The Lounge :: All About You-
Jump to: